All around the world, wild cats are losing their homes. Deforestation is leading to significant habitat losses for big cats, which makes it difficult for the cats to survive. While habitats are shrinking, poaching also remains a threat. Leopards, lions, and tigers are hunted for their prized furs, or become the victim of revenge killings after attacking livestock.
Luckily, there are also people who do their best to sustain the world’s wild cat populations. There are many conversations programs set up around the globe, who fight for the survival of big cats. Great examples of organizations we love are the Wild Cat Conservation Centre and the World Wildlife Fund, who’s ‘Adopt a Leopard‘-program you can read more about on our homepage.
Since our very own mascot Fluffy is a big cat himself, we started the campaign #drawforwildcats to raise funds for the welfare of wild cats and the preservation of their habitats.
Here’s how you can help.
- Draw a picture of Fluffy, ‘the bite-sized backpacker’ in your own style.
- Upload it to Instragram, tagging @thebitesizedbackpacker and using the #drawforwildcats hashtag – or send your admission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With your permission, we create cool merchandise based on your work through RedBubble – we’ll create t-shirts, coffee mugs, stickers, and more!
- Share your art with the world to drive sales.
- Profits are donated to the benefit of the world’s wild cats through accredited wild cat conservation programs.
- Do you want a share of the profits, instead of donating it all? Let us know! We’ll make a special arrangement for you.
Leave your wallet in your pocket, and take out your pencil – your art will help create sustainable environments for the world’s big cat population! 💕🐆
‘Draw for Wild Cats’ Merchandise
The designs in the ‘Draw for Wild Cats’-line were created for the #drawforwildcats-campaign, in order to raise funds for the welfare of wildcats and the preservation of their habitats. Browse the beautiful apparel and merchandise from the ‘Draw for Wild Cats’-line in our shop. You purchase; we donate!
Jump to artist
Charity for Leopards: Adopt a Leopard
A message from Fluffy.
Throughout the years, my humans allowed me to travel all over the world and experience what it feels like to be truly free. Unfortunately, not every wild cat has the same kind of freedom. Habitats are shrinking and poaching remains a threat to the existence of my extended family. Through my website theBitesizedBackpacker.com and our sales in our Redbubble shop, we aim to support our favorite wildlife and conservation efforts by donating a portion of our proceeds to these charities.
One initiative we love is the World Wildlife Fund’s “Adopt a Leopard” incentive. By making a donation you can symbolically adopt a real-life leopard!
Your donation will help protect precious habitats around the world, as well as the wild cats relying on them. Please join us in protecting our extended family by adopting a leopard, amur leopard or clouded leopard. Visit the WFF-website to start the adoption process!